Fire Damage & Smoke Restoration in Ontario
A fire is a chemical process in which fuel; oxygen and heat are combined to create a disastrous condition;
the products of which include smoke, heat and toxic by-products such as carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, hydrogen sulphide, hydrogen cyanide and hydrogen chloride.
Due to its hazardous and complex nature, fire and smoke damage require an immediate and professional response, which is why, at Dome, we offer specialized Fire and Smoke Restoration Emergency Services.
What We All Should Know
Timely action is very important to the quality of restoration; clean up must begin as soon as possible. Smoke residues are acidic in nature and within minutes will cause plastic to yellow, surfaces to discolour and/or corrode.
Within hours, other materials and surfaces such as fibreglass and uncoated metals may stain permanently. We are available to take your call, assemble our team of trained professionals and arrive on-site within 2 hours.
- An experience Project Manager will begin with an assessment of the situation to determine:
- The extent of the damage and/or loss
- Any pre-existing damage
- If an item can be restored or if it will need to be replaced
- A scope of work
- The most effective restorative cleaning method
- What type and how much equipment will be needed for the restoration
In addition to removing charred items and soot through restorative cleaning, it is also necessary to remove the odour from your property and belongings and restore your indoor air quality.
Smoke odours can be difficult to remove due to absorption and/or penetration of smoke particles and soot into building materials.
At Dome we offer a multi-tiered odour removal process (such as dry ice blasting, negative pressure cleaning, soda blasting etc) that permanently removes these stubborn odours.
Fire Damage Restoration
- Ensure Proper Ventilation
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment
- Place a drop-cloth on the floor
- Get rid of loose soot on the walls
- Corrosion Mitigation
- Content Pack-out
- Content Cleaning
- Emergency Pre-cleaning
- wall and ceiling cleaning
- Building Material Replacement
Smoke Odor Removal
- A high probability of HVAC contamination
- Structural damage may be visible
- Soot will be deposited over a wide area
- Remove the source of odor
- Seal affected areas with a shellac-based primer.
- Thermal Fog the area
- Place HEPA air scrubbers with carbon filters
- Odor removal vs cleaning of the area
- Smoke odor as a result of fire damage
- Replace damaged vs save unharmed
Get A Free Estimate Today!
Contact us today to get a FREE estimate!
Monday - Friday
8:30AM – 5:00PM
210 Cochrane Drive, Unit 5&6, Markham Ontario Canada